Review the following document Short Stories.docx Download Short Stories.docxand read at least two of these short stories.
Then, using ONE of the stories, analyze it further by answering the following questions for your initial response.
Background of Story
- Which author and short story did you choose?
- Give a brief description and background of the author.
- Give a short summary of the plot of the story.
Analysis of Short Story (3-4 paragraphs, 1 1/2 pages at least)
Choose at least four of the following questions to discuss about your chosen short story.
- Did you enjoy the story? Why or why not?
- Is the title appropriate for this story? Why or why not?
- What characteristics did the story have that made it a good story? Give examples from your readings to support your point of view/
- Who is the main character? Describe the main character and how the author conveyed these characteristics.
- What is the conflict in the story? How does the story resolve this conflict?
- What is the defining moment (climax) of the story?
- What is the setting of the story?
- From what point of view is the story told?
- Was there anything in the author’s bio that might have explained the subject matter or tone of the story?