TED Talk case
Critically Evaluate What You Saw
- Think about your class discussion about stress and happiness. After watching this TED talk, how would you define the difference between being happy and having meaning in life?
- According to the speaker (and Dr. Martin Seligman), what three things should be included when defining what “meaning” is?
- Think back to what you learned about Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and how it relates to the four pillars of a meaningful life. How might homelessness be a threat to our needs beyond the obvious physiological level?
- Is there a way for people who are homeless to have a meaningful life? Consider the four pillars of a meaningful life and answer why or why not.
- What pillar(s) of a meaningful life do you feel are missing in your life or still need further work to achieve?
You will receive 2pts for each answer for a total of 10pts. Questions should have a minimum of 5 sentences to demonstrate a thoughtful answer that addresses all parts of the question. It is most important to be THOUGHTFUL in your responses.